16 April, 2012

Silly Old Bear



I have to give a shout out to "The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh". It contains both "Winnie-the-Pooh" and "The House at Pooh Corner" (it really is complete). We have been reading this book as a family and I can declare it as our Number One Favorite Read-a-Loud (so far). It is incredibly funny. In nearly every chapter I have laughed hard enough to put the book the book down for a second. The older two girls usually get it but sometimes it's just the parents who catch onto the humor.

We have just two more chapters left before we start "The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew". I haven't read this book before but I know the story line so I've got a feeling that it's going to be quite a switch from gang that hangs in The Hundred Acre Wood.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I wana read it now! I would be super thankful if you shared more of your favorite read alouds with me..please and thank you.

Wendy said...

Oh, it is so good! Favorites off the top of my head: E.B White (esp Charlotte's Web), Beatrix Potter, Mr. Popper's Penguins, Gladys Aylward (YWAM version), Curious George, Just so Stories, Amelia Bedelia, James Herriot. On our list: Black Beauty, Five Little Peppers and How they Grew, Narnia, the Hobbit. I'd like to finish all of those before 2012 but we'll see. We are reading George Mueller (YWAM collection) right now. The we will start the Five Little Peppers. Ah, so many books, so little time ;)