17 May, 2009

Quack

This week we are going to be doing "The Story about Ping". The girls and I are so excited! We read "Ping" sometime over this past year and the girls loved it. It was one of my childhood favorites as well. My girls (and I) are always especially interested in studying about animals so this should be a fun week.

Some of the things we will be doing are going to the duck pond (where I will try to catch a duck so we can study it (I'm really good at catching ducks--one of my talents-- but I'm also EXTREMELY pregnant!), learning about ducks in general, a bouyancy experiment, "traveling" to China (with a few stories on missionaries in China, some geography, and we'll have egg drop soup with lunch one day), and a lesson or two on discernment. Hopefully I can get myself to get pictures on here from our week!

We are all ready for baby so it will be nice to be able to have a "normal" week--possibly our last week as a family of five. I'll be planning our lessons for the following week too because the last thing I want to do is spend time waiting on baby and obsessively thinking about his/her impending arrival. :)

No comments: