04 October, 2012

Colonial Fun Times


 Here are a few of our "colonial times" activities:


 Marbles
Super fun. The girls had such a good time. They all did well--I wasn't too bad myself!

 
 

 
Quill and ink.
They copied calligraphy and concluded that writing back in the old days was pretty tedious. Admittedly I was a bit uptight with the open bottle of ink in the same room as a certain 6 year old. She did mange to spill the ink but there were about 5 layers of newspaper on the table so no big deal.
 
Corn husk dolls and poppets
The girls adored this project. I did as well. I even learned to sew a stitch (thank you E-HOW!). They carried their babies around for a few weeks. Now the babies have a place on each girl's bed. The corn husk dolls weren't quite as adored--they aren't squishy enough to love on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: