25 December, 2011

Merry Christmas!

It's so quiet right now. All the children have finally given into sleep after a wonderful Christmas day. I am so glad that we have plenty of years left with small children in the house because there can't be anything more fun than being with children on Christmas morning.

We had a lovely day (I said that, right?). The girls enjoyed their gifts and got along remarkably well with each other. Jason and I got to enjoy our children--we were waited on at Cafe Expresso, healed by Dr. Paige, admired the new Webkinz additions, played with the stuffed cast of Yo Gabba Gabba, colored, and stacked blocks. Jason is holding a sleeping Jacob right now--the longest he has been able to hold him yet. I wish every day could be like Christmas!

Our Christmas traditions aren't anything incredibly original but they are enjoyed all the same. We always have a big dinner with Jason's side of the family on Christmas Eve and we exchange gifts afterwards. We let the kids track Santa online until bedtime. Christmas morning will find us opening gifts to Christmas music followed by a hearty breakfast (ok, this morning we had sausage muffins and danishes from Costco--the reality of having a newborn baby). Christmas afternoon will find us watching "The Nativity Story". I always cry. So does Jason. And dinner is a feast of leftovers from the big meal the night before. We read the story of Jesus' birth from our Bible storybook. This year we also read from our "Leading Little Ones to God" book and colored a stack of pictures to go with the reading.

Anyway, we had a great day (I said that, right?). These are some of my favorite pictures from our day. I hope our little ones remember how much they are loved by their parents.

O Christmas Tree

Paging Dr. Paige

Expresso Cafe ("The Best Restaurant in the WHOLE WORLD")
Grand opening today at 10:00 a.m.

Owner of Expresso Cafe (with a regular customer)


Baby slept thru the hoopla of present opening.

Jason's sister knows him so well.

The Gabba Gang joined our family!



My boys :)

 
My crew :) Keeps me oh so very busy but I wouldn't change a thing.





1 comment:

Alison H. said...

I am just now reading and looking at the pics and they are awesome!!! I love the new camera! The pic of Jason hugging Jacob is one of my favorites!