19 September, 2011

Uh-oh


Someone got the mean end of the chicken. Hopefully someone will learn not to incessantly tease animals.

 Fans of Beatrix Potter will be familiar with "Nutkin", the squirrel who danced around and sang irritating rhymes to a fearsome old owl.







"Old Mr. B! riddle-me-ree
Flour of England, fruit of Spain,
Met together in a shower of rain;
Put in a bag tied round with a string,
If you'll tell me this riddle, I'll give you a ring!"

Well, Nutkin ended up losing his tail to Old Brown, the owl.

It appears that we have our own Nutkin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would not expect it to be any other child!! LOL!!!!!! The female "ZEKE"!

Unknown said...

p.s. We are starting Beatrix Potter's complete tales on Monday. I giggled today because I thought how great it will be to refer to their buddy, Paige, when we get to "Nutkin"! Her and Zeke, two peas in a pod.