20 August, 2011

Want to See Your Kid Squirm?




Ask them this: "If you had a choice between saving me (your mom), and saving ______ (favorite pet or toy)which would you choose? Remember, you can only save ONE."

These are my two oldest answers:

Hailey: "That's hard..." squirming around in her seat "Uh probably Melody..."
Me (laughing): "Hailey! You mean you would save your pet chicken before your mother?!"
Hailey (trying to disappear into the couch cushions):"Well, it's hard Mom and I don't want to think of Melody dying. That makes me sad. I guess I'd save you..."

I asked Reese the same question a day later while we were coloring. As soon as Hailey heard me ask the question she covered her face up and said "Oh no..."

Reese (after pausing with her coloring and short moment of thought): "I'd save you Mom. But I'd be really sad about Butterscotch."
Me: "What about a stranger? Would you save a stranger or Butterscotch?"
Reese (no hesitation): "Butterscotch."
Me: "Reese! You'd save your pet chicken before you saved a person?!"
Reese: "But Mom, not all strangers are nice."

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Love it!!!!! Lol your girlies are so endearing. I wonder what mine would say...hmmm I must ask! Could u make it a point to write everyday purtty please!?! :)

Wendy said...

You have to ask them. Ask them how old they think you are, too. Also, ask them what they think is your favorite activity is. A few years ago, one of my kids thought I was also Grandma's mom. Oh and that I was Jason's mom, too! It's a hoot! :)