08 August, 2011

New Year!


There's the brand spanking new kindergartner herself! Paige officially joined us in our studies today. She's always been on the fringe of course, but now she's an official student. I think she had a pretty good first day.


Miss Reese started her first day of second grade by losing one of her front teeth. FINALLY! That thing had been hanging in there for far too long! The sister tooth isn't far behind. I forsee this week having more than one visit from The Toothfairy (TF is setting a reminder for herself in uno momento). Reese did great with her lessons. She worked hard on her reading over the summer and has made major improvements.

No picture of the fourth grader starting her day. She was off reading "The Tales of King Arthur" while I took these pictures. I managed to get a picture of her later on though(see below). Hailey's day went well. She was happy that she remembered how to spell.


First day went well, everyone (mostly) behaved and we were ahead of the schedule all morning. No disasters. The Family Toddler seemed happy and kept busy. Totally forgot that I signed the 3 older girls up for a one time afternoon art class about Medieval Times. Got the e-mail reminder LAST NIGHT around 9:00. Freaked me out for a moment because there went my well-planned day. But it ended up working out great--girls had fun, I got a nap with Penny and time to work on some school stuff. We didn't start our math lessons or Hailey's cursive session but everything else got done before the class. I think I can live with that :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah!! You know I LOVE first day of school pics! I am so glad it went well. I love the girls' Midieval hats! Way to represent the middle ages!!

Congrats on a great 1st day!

See you SOON!!