22 July, 2009

Wanderlust

I am suffering from a seriously strong urge to travel. Not sure if its the hot weather keeping us indoors for most of the day, that I'm feeling incredible now that I'm not pregnant, or that I have not left the Austin area in over eight months (that I can think of...) but I have the urge to get the heck out of town! (Oh and everyone I know keeps going on vacation!) I've taken to perusing websites for cruises, vacation rentals, America's best beaches, and Expedia.com (great deals on last minute trips!!). But so far the furthest I've been able to go has been downtown to the Children's Museum.

Jason says I am this way after I have a baby. I wouldn't be surprised. Even at best, I feel only half way decent while pregnant. It doesn't hit me how difficult it has been until after I give birth and suddenly feel terrific!! I just want to go, go, go right now! Cram Penny in a sling and hit the trails or the beach!

Anyway, here are some pictures from our "trip" downtown. It was fun--the staff from a local vet clinic were there with some creepy crawlies (tarantulas, bearded dragon, turtle, and a python) so that made our visit even more fun! The girls had a blast even though the place was PACKED OUT!!




Future veterinarian?



Experimenting with pulleys, parachutes, and cows.


Penny slept the entire time!


Paige sawing cardboard.


Hailey "milking" a cow.

No comments: