10 September, 2009

Oh I almost forgot...

Last Friday we went to homeschool day at Pioneer Farms--a local historical site where you can see how the pioneers lived in Texas before the time of air conditioning, running water, electricity, etc. I can say with absolute certainty that I would have turned my wagon back east after spending a summer in Texas under those primitive conditions. I didn't get a lot of pictures because my camera battery died and then I used my iphone and only got a few pictures with that. It was really fun though--the girls loved and we can't wait to go back. Oh--we had rented "Old Yellar" the weekend before and so the girls recognized several things from the movie. They were wondering where the rabid animals were though.

Little girl dressed up in authentic "pioneer garb". The girls thought she lived here :)


Paige next to the "potty". Right after I told the girls this was the outhouse Paige decided to start stripping to try it out!



Big evil longhorn cow. This thing acted nice--was letting the kids pet it and then it started trying to gore people.


Hailey trying out the stilts.





Penny, good little baby that she is, slept a good deal of the tour.




No comments: